Tripp Lite's B095-004-1E is the perfect solution for In-Band and Out-of-Band management of equipment located in remote branch offices, equipment closets on multiple floors, etc. Remote branch offices typically lack on-site IT staff to handle common IT functions such as server administration, Firewall maintenance, and UPS management. In the event of an outage, expensive third party contractors will need to be outsourced on short notice. Third party support is costly and introduces security issues when allowing contractors access to corporate data and private customer information. Travel to the remote site by corporate personnel is costly and time consuming as well. Tripp Lite Serial Console Servers allow network administrators secure access to all remote devices from anywhere in the world.
In-Band solutions utilize operational network interfaces for communicating to remote sites. When remote sites experience network outages, the only access available is Out-Of-Band solutions. The B095-004-1E allows for an external modem to be connected to one of the four serial ports to allow Out-of-Band access. 3G cellular out-of-band access is also supported. The USB port on the console server is compatible with the Pantech ULM290 VZW and the following Sierra Wireless USB modems; Compass 888, USB 598, USB 598U, USB 312U, USB 308, and U313. Tripp Lite branch office solutions provides a single interface to swiftly and efficiently manage your IT infrastructure.
Tripp Lite Serial Console Servers are equipped with the most advanced security features available. Our solution utilizes flexible authentication methods that will query directory servers such as LDAP, Radius, TACACS+ and still retains a local user list for Out-Of-Band channels. We employ advanced encryption modes and detailed device logs to ensure your remote site is protected. Made in the USA. Compliant with the Federal Trade Agreements Act (TAA) for GSA Schedule purchases.
- (x4) RS-232 Serial Console Ports
- Configured to use standard Cat5e/6 patch cable when connecting to Cisco devices
- Tripp Lite's console servers all use an embedded FIPS 140-2 OpenSSL cryptographic module that has been validated to meet the FIPS 140-2 standards and has received Certificate #1051.
- When using SSH, HTTPS or SDT Connector to connect to any service on the console server while running in FIPS mode, they will be utilizing the embedded FIPS compliant module. In order to connect using any of the protocols, you must use a cryptographic algorithm that is FIPS approved or it will fail.
- Supports 3G cellular out-of-band access. The USB port on the console server is compatible with the Pantech ULM290 VZW and the following Sierra Wireless USB modems; Compass 888, USB 598, USB 598U, USB 312U, USB 308, and U313.
- Network UPS Tools for UPS Monitoring and management
- Powerman for PDU and RPC management
- 2GB Internal USB Flash
- Attach external modem to Serial ports for out-of-band access
- Secure Shell (SSH V2 and V3)
- IPsec VPN support
- TACACS+ , RADIUS, LDAP and Kerberos authentication
- PAP/CHAP authentication (dial up)
- Local authentication
- System event syslog
- SSH port and IP forwarding support
- IP packet filtering
- Break over SSH support
- Port triggers with SMNP and email alerts for all tunnel traffic
- Offline data logging (Syslog, NFS, CIFS)
- Online data buffering and logging
- Multiple users per port (with port sniffing)
- Telnet/SSH/Raw TCP connect
- RFC 2217 - Port Redirection
- Integrated AJAX serial console and system terminal via web interface
- Native IPMI 1.5 and 2.0 (RMCP/RMCP+) support for BMC and service processor access and control
- Service processor access (IPMI, ILO, LOM and more)
- Access to KVM built in to service processors (DRAC, RSA)
- Limit user access by LAN device and SDT service for that device
- Each gateway can port forward to an unlimited number of locally networked hosts (computers, routers)
- Embedded DHCP server for management LAN devices
- Command Line interface (Linux Shell)
- Nagios distributed monitoring
- Internal temperature sensor
- Digital I/O ports for external smoke, fire, vibration, water detection and door contact sensors
- Linux with source code access
- Constructed of heavy-duty steel housing
- B095-004-1E Console Server Unit
- 2 - UTP Cat5e Cables
- 2 - DB9F / RJ45 Adapters ( 1 Straight Through Wired, 1 Crossover )
- Quick Start Guide and CD-ROM
- External Power Supply with NEMA 1-15P Plug (Input: 100-240V, 50/60Hz, 0.3A)